Hi, my name is Alan! I am a first-year Ph.D. student advised by Dr. Miroslav Krstic and am also mentored by Dr. Alexander Scheinker of Los Alamos National Lab (LANL). I received by my undergraduate degree in 2017 and have since worked at LANL as a Student Fellow and as a Post-Baccalaureate Researcher. My research interests within the Control and Dynamic Systems Research Group tentatively involve adaptive control and extremum seeking. Outside of academia, I enjoy the outdoors - tennis, surfing, and snowboarding.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
- University of California - San Diego, 2018 - Current
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
- University of Florida, 2013 - 2017
- V. Cai, J. Heit, M. Maestas, S. Taylor and A. Williams. (2017). “Multi-point Control for Single-Axis Vibration Testing,” Paper presented at the 36th IMAC Conference and Exposition on Structural Dynamics.